Are you tired of having to update your Instagram profile link just to have it send traffic to another website? I have the perfect solution to optimize your Instagram profile link and increase traffic to your website at the same time. Since I implemented this solution I have increased my traffic by 70%!
About a month ago, I had been searching for some sort of landing page to send my Instagram followers to and found a pretty popular service that a lot of influencers were using. It was very user friendly and you could update it with links pretty quickly. I set it up in just a few minutes and was excited to start sending people there.
And then it dawned on me. I was sending MY traffic to someone else’s site! Umm. No. Why would I send my audience to another site in hopes of them clicking back to my own site or affiliate link?
How many times have you shared a link on Instagram only to share a different one the next day. When a viewer sees your previous post and clicks on your updated “link in profile” they’re not taken to what they’re looking for.
So I decided to set up a page on my blog dedicated to linking from Instagram. I have my most popular links there like my shop, blog, and freebies as well as my most recent instagram posts that have a blog post or affiliate link that goes along with them.
Optimize Instagram Profile & Increase Traffic
Is it a little more work? Yes
Has it increased my traffic and page views? Absolutely! By 70% as a matter of fact.
Here’s what I did:
- Created a new blog page (not post)
- Gave the page a short permalink: corieclark.com/link
- Titled the page “Welcome, Friend!”
- Added my bio picture and about me to the bottom, then worked up from there
- Created a 450×100 pixel image template in colors and fonts that coordinate with my blog. You can do this on a free site like Picmonkey or Canva
- Added my most popular links to those images which will always be on the page
- Add more recent links as I need them and keep them towards the top
- Added my permalink to my profile link
Now, when I create a new blog post or affiliate link that I want to send my instagram audience to, I simply go into my image template and update the text, place it at the top of my page, and set my link. It actually only adds a few minutes to my process and is completely worth it. You could easily have them all made in advance for your affiliates or blog schedule.
Let me know if you create your own Instagram link page so I can see it!
If you need a little more help with Instagram, grab these free quote images to use!